Killing Me Softly


 


A lot of times nonduality speakers sound exactly like what they call themselves: "Speakers." They seem like lecturers, maybe philosophers who had a seemingly rare experience that showed them what can never be truly explained. But their talks are nothing but explanations. They will from time to time say this is unknowable and there is nothing to say, but words of exposition pour out of their mouths.
 
I actually like a lot of those words---they seem as close to talking about what cannot be talked about as any words can come. But I remember this old song by David Bowie that my brother used to like, called Young Americans. At one point the music stops and he sings the line, "Ain't there one damn song that can make me break down and cry?" And I guess it's felt that way here. 
 
The words that truly resonate in a way I cannot even express go far beyond seeming explanations or descriptions of some thing called nonduality. I know such resonance by whether tears start to fall and my heart aches and the words sound like the most ethereal, beautiful music I have ever heard. 
 
I'm not saying it's the truest or most accurate or correct form of expression, as there is no such thing. But the words that don't leave out this unfathomable sense of incomprehensible awe and what Nicholas John called “this terrible love that obliterates all but itself" are the ones that seem to keep this Miranda thingie in this dance of apparent human communication. The words that sound like life being written by itself with a voice that is so heartbreakingly beautiful it drowns me in unspeakable emotion and my tears fall like wax from a candle as the flame of this love melts me into every thing and no thing at all. 💓

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ONLY LOVE CAN BREAK YOUR HEART

MIRANDA IN WONDERLAND

The awakening timeline