The Lost World


The world and everyone in it, 
everyone I ever loved, 
everyone I ever feared, 
everyone I ever hated, 
everyone who let me down and betrayed me, 
everyone who loved me and said the gentlest words 
when I was sad so that their concern made me cry, 
everyone who lied to me, 
everyone who tried to tell me the truth, 
everyplace I had come to hold dear and call home, 
everything I believed gave my life meaning, 
every emotion that swept through me like a hurricane, 
every story of who I was and wanted to be...
 
all washed away in the tsunami of love 
that crashed upon the shore of illusion 
where the entire universe existed--- 
the universe inside my brain, 
the only one that had ever been--
and the universe itself vanished into a black hole...
with the places and people and the girl in the mirror 
who tried so hard to be 
what she believed she was supposed to be 
 
and it feels like death, 
yet also birth 
into a dream,
 filled beyond comprehension 
with love and wonder 
and no thing 
and no one at all.... 
💓

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ONLY LOVE CAN BREAK YOUR HEART

MIRANDA IN WONDERLAND

The awakening timeline